Position: Senior Account Executive
Type: Full-time; 40 hours per week
Location: Home and Siren PR office in downtown Royal Oak
Siren PR is a small but mighty team known for hustle and high quality work. A successful Siren PR senior account executive will be a high performer who is innovative when overcoming roadblocks, results-focused and process-flexible, and who accomplishes amazing amounts of important work. This person takes pride in staying one-step ahead, and taking the initiative to serve clients through the company’s high standards of communication, responsiveness, and intuition. They must have the ability to work from home and the office with laser focus.
This position offers leadership opportunities, requiring the development of unique ideas, the expertise to put those ideas into action, and the emotional intelligence to navigate all types of relationships along the way.
A high performing senior account executive will have established skills in the areas of media relations strategy, media pitching, press writing, blog writing, social media strategy and implementation, event planning, brand management, account management, and administrative support functions. This position requires basic knowledge with the potential to learn quickly in the areas of reputation management, crisis communication, and brand development (visual and messaging).
Throughout every aspect of your work for Siren PR, much will be expected of you, and much freedom will be given. A high performer will enjoy working at Siren PR, where it is important to be fast paced yet intentional, focused but with a sense of humor, and especially, a team player.
By joining our team you will discover and bring to light the unheard stories of metro Detroit businesses who are doing work that matters.
- Assist with leadership and management of client accounts
- Communicate appropriately for the style and expectations of clients
- Read clients, interpret their needs and modify behavior and tactics accordingly
- Be available and responsive to clients and the team
- Develop strategy for clients in-line with their goals and communication best practice
- Translate strategy into action, delegate accordingly, and see that results meet or exceed client expectations
- Ensure client brands are upheld and enhanced by making wise decisions on behalf of clients and advising them appropriately
- Serve as primary Siren PR client contact or support the account lead, depending on account structure
- Learn client content quickly across varying industries such as finance, non-profit, higher education and cultural institutions
- Demonstrate deep understanding of client content when speaking with the client and external audiences
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our clients industries and competitors
- Develop strategic communication plans and/or project timelines for client work
- Decide which initiatives to work on and complete
- See that deadlines are met and deliverables are completed
- Update clients on status/progress of work
- Hold regular update meetings with clients
- Provide service in line with contract requirements including managing scope of work
- Delegate work to other Siren PR team members as needed; manage deadlines and ensure quality of work
- Adopt the appropriate tone for each client, swiftly acclimating to their styles and preferences
- Write news releases, media alerts, copy for brochures and websites, and pitch emails appropriate for various target audiences
- Contribute to brand messaging including brand pillars, key messages for target audiences, mission, vision and values, and more.
- Generate authentic content across a variety of industries
- Proofread content written by other team members before public distribution
- Mine newsworthy client content, and develop newsworthy opportunities
- Leverage established media relationships and build new media relationships on behalf of clients and Siren PR
- Generate media coverage on behalf of clients
- Prepare clients for interviewing success
- Utilize Cision to compile media lists, distribute press releases, monitor media and provide reporting
- Develop event strategy and manage event planning scope
- Direct event logistics and coordinate with internal client staff
- Assist in volunteer management
- Construct and manage social media campaigns
- Manage a variety of brands on social media
- Knowledge of social media platforms including (at a minimum) Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN and Instagram
- Assist in the development, refinement or maintenance of client brands
- Demonstrate the ability to discern what is brand-appropriate, and how to better align brand representation
- Communicate regularly on status of client work
- Produce client activity reports
- Complete work with proficient time management skills
- Complete accurate time entry every day
- Alignment with the Siren PR brand pillars of genuine, strong, focused
- A high performer mindset; a decisive personality that requires little handholding
- An extreme passion for public relations and thirst for constant improvement
- A strong desire for a seat at the decision making table, and the work-ethic to earn your way there
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in public relations, communications or journalism
- Minimum of 3-5 years of full-time professional public relations experience
- Ability to work from home with focus, and work from the Siren PR office in downtown Royal Oak minimum two days per week.
Send resume, cover letter, and public relations references to email@example.com.