Rochester College recently partnered with Team Impact to draft 5-year-old Wesley Cansler, who was born with a rare genetic disorder, to its Warriors basketball team. Read the full heartwarming story here.
Type: Part-time position (3 days per week – Monday and Wednesday required, third day flexible)
Location: Siren PR office, 306 S. Washington Ave. Suite 230, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Siren PR is seeking a high performing individual motivated to begin or grow their public relations career. This position will give candidates the opportunity to support digital relations, media relations, event planning, and other service lines. As a member of a small team that is known for hustle and high quality work, this position will provide intense exposure to the field of public relations. Candidates must be collaborative in nature, and on-the-job training will be provided. Quick learning is required.
- Required: General knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Contribute to strategy for social media campaigns
- Assist in creating content
- Ability to navigate software easily, learn quickly and thoroughly
- Assist with real time media monitoring within Critical Mention software
- Gather same day reports for TV coverage
- Assist with weekly media monitoring for all Siren PR media clients including saving hits in Critical Mention and clipping PDFs for comprehensive reports
- Assist with sending timely hits to the team
- Help compile monthly and quarterly media coverage reports using Critical Mention
- Knowledge of PR-style writing
- Knowledge of writing news releases, media alerts, copy for brochures and websites, blogs, and pitch emails appropriate for various target audiences
- Assist in generating authentic content across a variety of industries
- Utilize Cision to compile media lists for distributing press releases and pitches
- Assist in developing copy to pitch to media
- Assist in developing copy for posting to community calendars
- Help brainstorm event strategy
- Support internal team
- Deliver quality work product
- Demonstrate ability to communicate status updates
- Support Siren team members on account work when directed
- Communicate regularly with account leads
- Maintain timely activity reports
- Complete accurate time entry daily
- Complete work with proficient time management skills
- Support the company through various administrative tasks
To apply please email Kristen Bujold.
Detroit FinTech Bay announced that its first ecosystem partner will be Kyyba Innovations, a technology innovation platform. The partnership will strengthen Detroit’s growing FinTech industry by providing opportunities in education, development and acceleration. Read more from DBusiness on the announcement here.
LJPR Financial Advisors will be merging with Sequoia Financial Group. Handling over $4.9 billion in assets, the combined firm, taking the name Sequoia, will have a bigger team and better resources to serve clients. Learn more from Crain’s.
With over 60 machines and robots developed from Leonardo da Vinci’s drawings, “Da Vinci Machines and Robotics” at Cranbrook Institute of Science provides hands-on activities to experience the work of da Vinci like never before. Read more about the exhibit here.
Though a recent study from Michigan Association of CPAs suggests that tax reform may lead to a decrease in smaller charitable gifts, it could spark an increase in larger gifts, according to Leon LaBrecque of LJPR Financial Advisors. Read more from Crain’s about the impact new tax laws may have on charitable giving here.
Starting July 21, Cranbrook Institute of Science will host “Da Vinci Machines and Robotics,” an interactive exhibit on the Italian Renaissance through the paintings, sculptures, inventions and other works of Leonardo Da Vinci. Learn more about the exhibit here.
FinTech Consortium, a global network of financial and technology organizations, is opening its flagship North American hub and incubator in the heart of downtown. Detroit FinTech Bay, which will move into the former First Independence Bank building at 44 West Michigan Avenue, will offer co-working spaces, leadership courses, monthly classes, talent development access to investments and more. Read more about the announcement here.